Senior Associate, International
Colin Buchanan has worked in retail for over 34 years, the first 18 with Marks and Spencer at a time when the company was the leading British international retailer.
Having lived in Hong Kong and Singapore he has amassed a wealth of experience of the Asia Pacific region built up through pioneering, first to market work. It was whilst working for the Dairy Farm Group in Hong Kong that he led the first foreign retail presence into India.
Ten years with The Body Shop as Managing Director for Asia Pacific and later EMEA covered almost 60 countries providing further challenges and experience particularly in The Middle East and Europe.
- Vice Chairman, British Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong, 1991 – 1995.
- Member of Hong Kong Foreign Business delegation to China in 1993.
- Participating Member – International Forum, Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania in 1995.
- Member of Board of CIES Asia Pacific 1996 – 1999.
- Vice-Chairman HKANA (HK Article Numbering Assoc EAN).
- Committee member – Retail Management Assoc HK 1995 – 1999.
- Committee member of the Community Chest in HK (HK’s largest charity) 1997 – 1999.